NIN : Hurt covered by Johnny Cash

Being a Nine Inch Nails fan since my sophomore year in high school, my interest was immediately piqued when I came across this video for the Johnny Cash cover of “Hurt” by NIN.

I think it’s a great cover, and a pretty good video too, although I don’t usually see any others to compare it against. Life without MTV/VH1 does not bother me. Life without TV does not bother me. The web is all things in our home.

Originally published on Wednesday January 22, 2003 at 12:33 pm

Its a great song, however id never even heard the original by NIN. I have listened to NIN a very little bit over the years however this song has sparked my curiousity. I hate searching blindly for songs by a band i dont really know, so it would be greatly apreciated if someone gave me a couple of their favorit NIN songs. This way i dont download ones that arent their greatest and give up on them being any good.

please email me allwysrockin@yahoo.com

Nick said this 14 years, 10 months ago §

You can see the NIN video of Hurt & Cash Version at the following website.

rappa said this 14 years, 10 months ago §

i think it's pretty cool of cash to cover newer artists that he respects... i'm partial to his cover of "personal jesus", but then you know i'm a huge depeche mode fan! there's quite a variety on the new album, "American IV: The Man Comes Around".

wasted said this 14 years, 10 months ago §

"hurt" is my favorite NIN song, and I was entirely shocked about Cash's version and I love it!

Erica said this 14 years, 7 months ago §

WHERE CAN I GET THE SONG! I JUST WANT THE MP3.

jessica said this 14 years, 7 months ago §

hey jessica, you can download it off my website. it's under my 4.26 entry. Enjoy!

ronnie said this 14 years, 7 months ago §

uhh vepesent?

courtney said this 14 years, 6 months ago §

Just heard Johnny Cash's version at the end of tonight's episode of Smallville! It took me a minute to remember the song. Very cool.

Gregster said this 14 years ago §