So Much To Do
I’ve got so much to do and so much that I “want” to do, it’s really not funny. I’ve been back from SXSW for more than a week now and I haven’t had time to really go through my notes and photos. I know I can’t really worry about that until I finish the project that was supposed to be finished before I even left for Austin. That’s my first concern.
Then there’s this wish list of to-do items
- The new camera is awesome (I’m still learning how to use it), but I can see that handling the photos will become an issue. I purchased ACDSee 5.0 tonight to help me organize the growing collection. It’s a very nice piece of software, and very fast.
- I also want to ditch the PHPSlideshow that I used previously for serving up directories of images. I’m thinking of setting up Gallery or building something myself. Either way, I’m probably underestimating how long and how much effort it will take. I tend to do that a lot.
- I want to get CVS running on my dreamhost account. Actually, I want to get TortoiseCVS working on my machine at home and have it use my CVS repository at dreamhost. It seems that this will lead me to getting viewcvs setup as well. I have no idea what I’m getting into with this stuff, but I know that I’ve been a developer too long without knowing the ins and outs of CVS. And now that I’m writing some serious code for myself — freelance code — I want to be much more careful about losing past code, etc.
- I have a very nice ImageViewer Class that I wrote in ASP/VBScript and I would love to convert it to PHP and then use on this site.
- I talked with a friend at work about building a PHP/Flash MX image manipulation tool. At first it would just be a cropping tool, but I could see it growing into something more robust.
- I talked with another friend at work about creating an extention for Homesite that would perform VBScript Class/Method code completion, basically a smart-parser for the type of hacked-object oriented VBScript code we’ve been using lately. This might be a moot point if we switch to writing .NET code soon.
- Speaking of .NET, If I were planning on getting into it, the first piece of code I might write would be my very own carnivore for the multi-player .NET game Terrarium
- I have so many upgrades to make on this site I don’t know where to begin. I think I should create a post similiar to Brad Choate’s Reboot to do list.
- Win a 57" TV by creating an award winning CSS file for the Hack Hotbot Contest
- Help the guys at work finish up our amazing foos scoring and stats system. More on this in just a minute. It deserves it’s own special post.
- Fix up my comments to be inline (hidden) if under 4 comments - and linked to the permenant entry if I ever had more than that. It’s very similar to Adrian Holovaty’s site, then I’d also like to change my comment form to look more like the one on AntiPixel.
- There are many, many other things I want and/or need to do, but if I spend all my time writing them down here, I won’t ever get any of them done.
Perhaps I’ll look back on this post in a few months and feel like I’ve accomplished something. Yeah. That would be nice.
Originally published on Thursday March 20, 2003 at 1:07 am
Comments were disabled for this post. This happens for a variety of reasons and most likely it's not your fault. Unless you're a spammer. Then it might be your fault.