Twocentsworth Then and Now

I recently installed the Search Status Firefox Extension and used it’s link to the Wayback Machine to see what some of my old designs looked like.

It was fun to see where I’ve been in the past and see the theme that predominates (hint: GREEN). I decided to grab some screenshots just in case it ever disappears. I’ve never felt entirely comfortable with any of my “designs” and in some ways I wish I had a bit more education in graphic design and layout. I’d probably really enjoy it since I kinda get a kick out of messing around with this thing.

Anyway, here are the designs.

All about the Cash
green-money.jpg

A Green Web (probably my favorite)
green-web.jpg

First Desert Attempt (yuck)
first-desert-attempt.jpg

Second Desert Attempt (better — but still yucky)
orange-desert.jpg

Here and Now (an okay look?)
back-to-green.jpg

Originally published on Tuesday February 22, 2005 at 12:47 pm

Aaron - Nice posts this week. I just loaded the Search Status Extension and love it. I also am giving Chameleon a try with my Bloglines. Thanks for the tips!

Todd said this 12 years, 7 months ago §

it's just too bad that the current site is jacked up on my browser (XP Pro/IE 6.0.2800) :(

Bobby said this 12 years, 7 months ago §

Gulp...how embarrassing. I haven't really launched IE (at home) in months -- not even for testing. I'm ashamed.

I'm sure it looks like crap in IE for the Mac too, and speaking of the Mac, why are you using XP? Shouldn't you be surfing in style with Safari? Don't tell me you've "switched".

Aaron said this 12 years, 7 months ago §

looks busted in safari at home too. the content column is down below the sidebar links. believe you me, i never want to touch XP, but that is unfortunately my main "work" computer.

Bobby said this 12 years, 7 months ago §

aaron, i also want to clarify that the current design hasn't always been broken -- it just happened recently. maybe something in the right column got too wide for ie.

also, how are you getting such a good page rank from google? everytime someone asks me to help with their search engine placement, i can never seem to make headway. is there something i should know?

Bobby said this 12 years, 7 months ago §

I don't understand the problem, or the comments!? I did, however, get to get a look back "memory lane" on the designs....re-designs of your web site. Going forward, a definate improvement!, I think.

Leah said this 12 years, 7 months ago §