NIN Mashup with Teeth

Just two weeks ago Trent Reznor (NIN) released a file with seperate audio tracks from the “The Hand that Feeds” single — see the BoingBoing coverage.

A week ago Nathan Chase mashes up “The Ghost that Feeds” and tonight I’ve played it no less than five times while working on various things. [found via mathowie’s delicious links]

Now I’ve been a fan of NIN for quite a few years but have been a little lax in keeping up with some of the album releases. Tonight I checked out the current NIN site and found out that their new album “With Teeth” will be in stores May 3rd. What really rocks for those of us with broadband is that the whole album can be streamed from myspace.com.

There’s no doubt about it, I’m heading down to Zia’s on Tuesday and picking this one up. It’s got me hooked already. I’m tempted to get one of those stream ripping utilities so I can get this stuff onto the ipod right now. I mean, I’m gonna buy it anyway. Right?

And all because of a mashup. Let’s all say it together — “remix culture is a good thing”. I only wish I had some sort of talent to contribute back to the culture that I get so much from. Ah well, I’ll be happy for now just being a culture mooch and trying to do my part to spread the good news. I guess this blog post is my little piece of participation.

Originally published on Thursday April 28, 2005 at 3:38 am

Thanks for the pointer. I am now happily listening to a time-shifted stream of With Teeth.

I forget - do you use a Mac?

Chris Janton said this 12 years, 4 months ago §

yeah, now we only need to get him to release the file in pro tools format instead of GarageBand...what are we windows users supposed to do, sit on our hands?

p auL said this 12 years, 4 months ago §

Glad you enjoyed the track - and even more humbled that it convinced you to check out "With Teeth".

BTW, there is a torrent available on the echoingthesound.org boards of all the individual audio files from the GarageBand file, named and categorized, so that PC users can mix with their weapon of choice.

Thanks!

Nathan said this 12 years, 4 months ago §

Dale laughed at me, but so What! I really liked it, and went on to hear some of Nathan's other re-mixes. Thanks for keeping us learning and honest.

Leah said this 12 years, 4 months ago §

Nathan,
thanks for the info! i'd been moping around and complaining, looking for a PC version of the audio files. Now I'll finally get a chance to tinker!

great remix, by the way...

p auL said this 12 years, 4 months ago §