Just Two Reasons

What is your world view? is a quiz that I saw linked on someone’s blog and decided it might be worth a cheap post.  Then I also got hit by a “music baton” and thought I’d do a double dose of this silly stuff.  I mean why else should I have this blog.

Here’s my results from the world view quiz:

Existentialism

You scored as an Existentialist. Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist

Modernist

38%
Romanticist

25%
Fundamentalist

19%

And here is my baton.  Unfortunately I’ll be dropping this one.  I was always better at the individual events.  Sorry team blogosphere.

Total volume of music files on my computer:

30.82GB in iTunes — another 30.90GB un-organized (wow, I’m half-way there!)

The last CD I bought was:

With Teeth by Nine Inch Nails

Song playing right now:

“Rock Song” by Terminal

Five songs I listen to a lot:

• “bull in the heather” by sonic youth
  • “from the edge of the deep green sea” by the cure
  • “evil” by interpol
  • “revolverlution” by the kleptones
  • “street spirit (fade out)” by radio head

Five people to whom I’m passing the baton:

oops…  dropped it.

Originally published on Wednesday May 18, 2005 at 11:45 pm

You scored as Postmodernist.

Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis.

Postmodernist

31%

Materialist
25%

Fundamentalist
13%

Leah said this 12 years, 2 months ago §

So either I'm completely "wishy-washy", or I've just lived long enough to see "both sides now"! Hey, wasn't that a song???

Leah said this 12 years, 2 months ago §

My 47 years of knowing you has me convinced that you were right the first time..... :)

John said this 12 years, 2 months ago §

OK here are my scores

You scored as Cultural Creative.

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative

38%
Fundamentalist

31%
Idealist

19%

John said this 12 years, 2 months ago §

You scored as Romanticist.

Romanticism encourages society to look backwards to find our solutions. Your rationale is that things were much better a few hundred years ago so we should thus look back to those times and replace them in our modern society. You believe in a simple life and that the complexities of the modern world have turned it upside down.

Romanticist

44%

Fundamentalist

25%

Materialist

19%

Tony said this 12 years, 2 months ago §

Life is simple if you boil it down to our basic needs. Now don't e-mail me about this because e-mail is not a basic need of mine.

Tony said this 12 years, 2 months ago §

Cultural Creative.

Albert said this 12 years, 1 month ago §

I was just visiting your site, read about the quiz and thought I would give it a go. Postmodernist for me.

Alison said this 11 years, 8 months ago §